BUSINESS QUIZNESS #9
sharpen your inquisitiveness about the ‘first’ of everything....
- Laptop was invented by ADAM OSBORNE in 1981 and commercially by his company “OSBORNE COMPUTERS”. But it wasn’t till 1984, when the first ‘PORTABLE PERSONAL COMPUTER’ was launched.Which company MANUFACTURED it?
- First TV advertising in India dates back to the days of Doordarshan (which initially ran programs without any commercials). The first TV advertisement was a still photo of ‘Topaz Blades’ and the first advertisement film was of ‘Vichitra Sarees’. The first sponsored program was “SARAB SANJI GURMANI”. Who was the sponsor company
- Which was the first company to introduce spikes in running shoes to enhance the grip while running on the tracks?? Notably it was the same company which first introduced soccer studs.
- In 1949 a person named FRANK MCNAMARA took his friends for dinner but at the time of paying he noticed that he had forgotten his wallet, and forced his wife to bring it to him back from home.Embarrased from such a scenario he decided to manufacture world’s first credit card (made of wood).What was it’s name?THE FIRST CREDIT CARD)
- E-Commerce business has of late grown and expanded in wider domains of the world.Its history dates back to 1979 when MICHAEL ALDRICH invented online shopping that could be either from B2B (business to business) or B2C (business to consumer).
Which was the first company to start online transactions (B2B)??
- KLM is considered to be the oldest airline company in operation today. Which was the first registered airline company??
- [This one might prove to be quite intriguing]CHOCOLATE making business started way back in 1759. Around 1761 the first chocolate producing company was registered as FRY,VAUGHN AND COMPANY. Gradually factory system was adopted for the business, and then the first chocolate bar was manufactured. Name that company.
- Which was the first iPOD virus to have been created?
- The first GOOGLE DOODLE was designed in 1998 by LARRY PAGE & SERGEY BRIN in honor of which U.S. festival??
- “FROOTI” has been one of the most popular Indian Soft drink in the market for a pretty long time. But they never had any celebrity endorsing the brand as opposed to their competitors. But now the pressure of market growth has forced to reverse their strategy, as a result of which they recently signed an actor as their BRAND AMBASSADOR. Name FROOTI’s FIRST BRAND AMBASSADOR.